Thursday, January 12, 2012

What advice can you give an up and coming 100m sprinter?

I am currently at a 11.8 PB and my goal is to be at a 10.6 by the end of my senior year. I am a sophmore in high school as well.What advice can you give an up and coming 100m sprinter?
you have a good time, but nothing that will get you a good place at a sophmore level. But dont worry, with hard and repetitive workouts especially designed for sprinters ( legs, abdominal muscles, starting off blocks, and aneorobic endurance). Work on the blocks alot, you dont know how many people have sckrewed up their race due to bad starts, especially in the 100....its happened to me once :( . Ask your coach for advice on how to run your 100. thats also the time that i'm aiming for....Good Luck!



PS: Make sure you learn the RIGHT way to get off blocks.....ask your coach or other sprinters.......most track people are willing to help other people out, so just ask other sprinters for tips. try out for the 200..you might be better at that.What advice can you give an up and coming 100m sprinter?
11.8 is very gd .......well ur gonna have to put in a lot of commitment...lot of hours in and have to plan your diet very carefully.....when at the gym work on the antagonist muscle the quad....the will quicken your leg speed.....there are lots of small things you can do but at your level i would look to a ProfessionalWhat advice can you give an up and coming 100m sprinter?
to be honest 10.6 is a little bit of a big goal for you, running a 11.8. 11.8 is not bad at all, especially for a sophomore. heres what happend to me:



9th: 11.9, 11.8ish

10th: 11.4, 11.5

11th: 11.3



my goal is 11.0 for the rest of my 11th grade year and 10.8 for senior yea.r obviously keep working, but once you get to love 11 and high ten theres not much room for improvement
i am 13 and doing high 11s low 12s and currently do running training 4 times a week i mostly work on core work as it helps me to stabilize myself while running and i sometimes have to work on keeping my knees up high enough

No comments:

Post a Comment