Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is the best Iliopsoas strengthening workout for a sprinter?

I want to isolate the muscle because it is the weak link of my core group. My glutes, abs, back, and everything but the iliopsoas are strong. I used to use this machine (forget the name) in which you would get into and, laying on your stomach you would push one leg back at a time (weighted)... But I cannot remember the name of the machine, and my college doesn't have it anyway. Any suggestionsWhat is the best Iliopsoas strengthening workout for a sprinter?
Home stretching may include lying with the hips flat on the floor and then pushing up with the arms while the hips remain flat on the floor. There are hip abductor machines in the gym. Also use the exercise balls. You would want to place the ball under your hips and then extend your arms forward and legs outward simultaneously for a count of 8-12 while maintaining your balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment