Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to become a good sprinter?

I am a 14 year old girl, I'm 5'3 and I love running.

I usually stick to the long distance running, 'cause I have a really good endurance and stuff, but I have never really been a good sprinter. I have won 1st place at all of my city meets this year for xcountry(there was only 2), and I run the 800m and 1500m for track. Next year I really want to be able to make the 100m relay team or at least be able to improve my sprinting. Anybody have any suggestions?How to become a good sprinter?
Running Xcountry and running Sprints are almost two completely different worlds. The way you run, aggressiveness, and training varies. I'm a sprinter and i usually just work out my legs (calves, thighs, ect.) and run a lot. You being an endurance runner will help with muscles in your legs. If I were you, i'd stick to Xcountry. But if you want to do sprints badly here's what i suggest:



Run on your toes

Eat right

Work out

Get help from coaches

And have dedication



Good luck
you have to run on your toes to be a sprinter. and while you're running, you kick your butt to go faster. keep your fingers out and together and your hands should go up and down by your side to cut the air.How to become a good sprinter?
If you have the ability to be a good middle distance runner you should improve those events. You can get faster, but do you know if you have the muscles to be a short sprinter? To develop sprint speed you need to lift weights, do plyometric exercises, run speed intervals. These work outs will also help your middle distance events. Run easy distance 3 days per week. Lift and do plyometrics 2 days per week, do intervals 1 day, and rest 1 day. The intervals can be from 200 to 800 meters, you can do something different each week, or do a ladder or step up step down work out. Run 4x800 with 1 minute rest; 6x400 with 2 minute rest; 8x200 with 2 minute rest. Do one of these not all of them at one time. You can mix it up and do 200,400,800, 400, 200, walk the distance for the rest. These workouts are to keep your leg speed while you are lifting and doing weights, and plyometrics. In the fall you should run cross country. Do some time trials to see how you are progressing.
I am relly the opposite of that but I got better at sprinting just by runing around my house as fast as I can,And tried to get a better time every time. I hope this helps a bit.How to become a good sprinter?
while running try to kick ur butt with the heel of your foot....not to hard and do some laps then try taking longer strides to increase your speed
  • valvoline instant oil change
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment