Sunday, January 8, 2012

How can I beocme a good sprinter?

I'm 14 5'4 and I would like to become a sprinter. I have always wanted to do this and next year I am going to try out for the team. I am a fast runner, and its gotten to the point were I can catch every body in the game cat and mouse but nobody could catch me=] What do I need to do to become a good sprinter because I am sure I have probably developed some bad habits.|||Strength training. Build yuo musculature up, your legs, upper body and core. Go for some 30 min runs to build up cardio. Eat well, drink lots of water, and do pool workouts. The pool will really help build your body strength. Do short 60ms with a tire, or some kind of weight. Run intervals of 200m. And Stretch. It is far too easy for a sprinter to injure themselves if they don't stretch properly.|||yeah|||get sprinting spikes, form a specialized running store. not just a sporting good store, they dont know crap.


then start practicing your 100, 200, and 400 meter sprints.


try to get under 13 sec. for your 100. thats the level you will have to compete at. get under 27 for the 200. and under a min. for the 400. stretch really well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment