Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is the average qualifying time for a 200m sprinter?

I'm usually a long distance runner, but my coach was working with me and another runner. I know we're pretty good at running, but he wanted to get down some sprinting. We ran a 200m in 23 seconds, had a three minute break, and ran another 200m in 25 seconds. I originally had no idea if this was good or not, but I learned soon enough that it was pretty good. With these times and maybe a little improvement, would I qualify for regionals in the 200m? Or is that good enough?What is the average qualifying time for a 200m sprinter?
It really depends..On what grade you are in ...Im a freshman and i ran a 22.4 or somthing in the two hundred but a 23 is a pretty good time...in highschool track it can win some medals...
in high school a really good time is 21 , but if you run 22,23 , you can def win medals until u get 2 states and regional and stuff

Report Abuse

What is the average qualifying time for a 200m sprinter?
How old are you? If your in highschool like me, I'd say thats a really good 200m time
the average time is about 30 seonds !!!!!What is the average qualifying time for a 200m sprinter?
my time was around 21.5 sec
I dont know what the qualifying standards for regionals are. It depends on the state you're in and probably the region too as to how the qualifying works for regionals (and then state).



Probably the top 16 I'm guessing of all racers, conditioned on the fact that there are limits to the number of entries schools can get in the event as well as limits to the number of events participants enter, which means you might be able to sneak in at like #17 or 18. One year the ladies 400m went to line 44 i think because of so many scratches. Good luck!
I've always seen 21-25 seconds.

20-22 seconds being the winner.

Hope that helps. =)
23's are a good time, especially for someone accustomed to running distance. In order to be really competitive, you'll probably need to keep working to drop that time down in the mid to low 22's. Good luck.
That is a real good time if u say u ran the first one with 23 seconds with a lil work u can easily bring ur time down to a 21 keep it up.
i run track...i run the 2 %26amp; the 4.....my sister is older than me and has been running longer and shes great at it...a good time is between 20-25 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment